Welcome to Another Admin Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Another Admin Forum is a free online message forum dedicated to administrator-based website owners. Discuss creating, managing, marketing and earning revenue from message forums, blogs, content management systems, online stores, social networking websites and more. There is a discussion for just about any sort of website developer and community owner out there.

If you are seeing this message, then you are not logged in. Login now! If you are not a member, please Register and Join, its free! Members get access to so much more including the ability to use profiles, posting new topics and replies and so much more.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Your Banner Here

Photo

Paid Promo Services?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

GearZ

GearZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 229 posts

Hello all.  This is sort of a general question.  Are there any paid forum promotional services you are aware of?  I am not talking about content writers, but rather a company that offers promotional packages to get the word out about a new forum.

So, do you know of any?  Ever used one?  Was it any good?  Worth the investment?

Thanks!

• Shawn likes this
"We better get to it, Instead of just standin' around, It's time to get down"—Line Up, Aerosmith

Dilip

Dilip

Advanced Member

• Charter Members
  • 2,464 posts

There are many firms of that nature. They will offer you a certain percentage of hike in no. of hits or bette page rank etc. But there are many scammmers and amateurs too. So be careful when you choose one. Good firms do take a decent amount, but it works.

GearZ

GearZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 229 posts

Thanks for the note.  Are there any you would recommend?  Or recommend to be avoided?

Thanks. :)

"We better get to it, Instead of just standin' around, It's time to get down"—Line Up, Aerosmith

Shawn

Shawn

AAF Forum Owner

• Administrators
  • 20,256 posts

• LocationHurst, Illinois

I'd never use one myself unless it a post by services type thing like on promotion forums. Now I don't have anything against the paid services though, I just know how to do it all myself :)

I'd try ones that are willing to give you a free trial. I want to see live results on something before I spend my hard earned money :)

Shawn
Another Admin Forum, Founder

My Forums
Vaping Forum | National Skywarn Forum | Southern IL Cycling Forum

My Blogs
Your Forum Blog | Your Dream Blog | Cyclist Ville

OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

I would suggest doing it on your own at first, for a few reasons. First of all, you will get a better sense of the work that needs to be done, and how to evaluate any companies you may chose to work with down the road. Second of all, there are some free opportunities that you may as well take advantage of before you start paying other people.

First off, I would suggest signing up for, and using your free Google AdWords credits to promote your site and help get your name out there. They often give away $50-$100 credits for new AdWords accounts. I've seen them go as high as $250 if you deposit $50 into your account. There are tons of tutorials out there to show you how to get started with AdWords. Google's own AdWords blog also has a wealth of information.

Secondly, I would consider investing in a program that will help you organize, execute, and track your SEO efforts. Something like SEO Powersuite can do this all for you. It will walk you through all the steps and help you get into a routine.

Anyone  that is going to offer you inexpensive SEO services is basically just going to do some of the things suggested in programs like SEO PowerSuite and other comparable apps. The more comprehensive services are going to cost much more.

Your Banner Here